Sunday, April 16, 2006

Getting Started

Week 1 I got off to a great start last week with my fundraising. I sent out an email to my company announcing that I was running a marathon and asked them to support me, and I got a great response to the Diabetes wristbands that I'm selling. Thanks everyone! Don't forget that I'll have plenty more and you can come pick one up anytime.

Of course, I'm also getting started with my training. Because I'm going to be doing most of my running training with The Running Room, I went to their site and printed off some routes in my neighborhood. I'm comfortably running 10k right now, so I'm going to be increasing my "long run" to 15k for next weekend, that's a long ways from 42K, but it's a start.

Until I get the chance to sit with a Running Room trainer and put together a formal training schedule, I'm going to stick to my regular weekly exercise regime of Yoga, weight training, short (but hard/fast) runs of 30-45min 3x a week, spinning on Thursday nights, and of course, volleyball.

My fundraising strategy is coming together a bit more now. In the next week or so, I'll be sending out an email blast to "Friends and Family". I'm really counting on a lot of support there, so hopefully I'll see my campaign making it's way to meeting my first deadline of $1,400 by July 1st.

Well, that's all for now. Happy Easter everyone! Enjoy all those chocolates for me!!

S.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo spinning! Don't worry girl, you'll get up to 42k in no time!! And you know you have all of our support along the way!!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is all this running going to interfere with all the drinking I have planned for us in the summer??

Just kidding, I know you're going to kick some ass!

Tena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home