Monday, April 24, 2006

A Soggy Sunday

Well, my plan to increase my run to 15K has been postponed to later this week. Due to the rainy weather and cold temperature I wasn't able to get outside for a run, I settled for an indoor workout instead.

HOWEVER... this did leave me with sometime to think about my next fundraising effort. Next weekend, my sisters neighborhood is having a community street sale. This is the perfect opportunity expose my cause to a whole new group of people and hopefully make another substantial dent in my fundraising goal of $8,000. I've asked a few people already if they have anything they want to donate that I could sell, so far I've got a few contributors. One man's trash, another man's treasure right!

On the training side of things, last week my Team Leader with Team Diabetes Canada sent out a very special request for me. Not only has she made a connection for me at the National office of the CDA and had a copy of a book sent to me that is used for the people participating in the online training, she's also arranged a meeting for me with running coach, Sandy Gutherie, who has recently just got back from the marathon in Rome.

Hopefully I will have more training progress to report next week. Until then..

S.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! And count me in for any kind of help you need this weekend!!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks Ash!!! If you've got anything you want to get rid of.. I"ll come by your place to pick it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home