Monday, January 01, 2007

'07 is the new '06

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007.

From my decision to register in the Honolulu Marathon, through 8 months of fundraising, an amazing introduction to the sport of Triathlons, the triumphant completion of my first marathon, a new job, and closing it all off with three weeks of traveling....last year was an incredible year and will definitely be a hard one to beat. If I am lucky enough to have half the year in 07 as I did in 06, then I'll be one happy lady.

My last post was the update on my race in Hawaii.. well.. I've been a busy bee since then. After returning home, I had only two days to update all the inquiring minds before packing my bags again to head off to Vancouver to start my new job. Vancouver is a beautiful city and I had a great time. Thanks to a warm welcome and a motivating group of new colleagues, I'm looking forward to starting 2007 with a whole new world of opportunity.

When I got home from my busy week in Vancouver, I had less than 12 hours to unpack and pack my bags AGAIN for one last trip in 2006. My friend Ryan and I headed off to Mexico for a week of fun in the sun. Here's how I escaped the Christmas chaos:


That's right... I spent Christmas Day *hanging* around (pun intended) in a hammock on the beaches of Isle Mujeres in Mexico. We had a very busy week starting off in Cancun, then venturing over to the nearby "Island of Women". Thanks to friends of Ryan's (who used to live in Mexico) we had a place to stay for the first three nights in downtown Cancun (not the tourist parts.. the *real* Mexico)

After a few days, we took off to Playa Del Carmen for the remainder of our trip. This place was so incredible and the days spent on the beach with a DJ keeping our minds free by spinning some great house tunes all day was by far the highlight of trip. The Mojitos didn't hurt either:=)


2006 ended in fine style with one last trip out to Tulum were the beaches were some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. We had dinner a top a hill at this gorgeous spa/hotel/restaurant and just marveled in this little secret we had been let in on.




We were home just in time for New Years eve and had a great time out for dinner with close friends. We've seen the sunset on 2006 and 2007 come in with high hopes and worlds of possibilities. I wish everyone the very best in whatever comes their way this year, but most of all health and happiness.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home