Tuesday, October 31, 2006

ipod.. your my new best friend

My Mom is the best Mom in the entire world. Her never ending, tireless support must be exhausting, yet, never ever does it ever stop.

After reading about my struggle with boredom, my amazing mother strutted down to the closest bank in town and deposited money straight into my account for me to go out and get myself an ipod. Last Saturday afternoon- that's exactly what I did.

WOW! My Sunday long run was a whole new experience. I had the tunes playin' and I was just groovin' the entire way! At 2hours into my run, where the idea that the faster I run -the sooner I will be home is usually the only thing that keeps me going, now I am whistling my way through. WHISTLING! I've been running for 2 hours and I'm singing and whistling to myself! I even started to sing for a while, and not a shallow whisper of a sing... but a full on belt out the X-Tina kind of singing! LOL... I checked to make sure there was no one coming from behind that would accidentally have the misfortune of running into this type of crazy behavior, and thankfully no one did... for the first little while.

UNfortunately, after I really started to get into it, I came out of the wood works and came across a simple man, at the bottom of DVP and Lakeshore who's just out trying to make a buck. Lost in my own world where Snow Patrol and Beyonce are the reining sources of power, and singing like a crazy person, I see this dude dancing in the middle of the intersection! He's dancing to me singing!!! LOL.. the gentlemen offers some encouraging words- "Run Lady Run!" and with a nod and a wave, I continue on my way. I decided to keep the singing volume down to at least to a whisper after that.

Anyway.. so now my ipod is my new best friend and I can't wait to get out tonight to run with it again.

Thanks Mom.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you music would make the runs easier!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home