Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Now all I have to do is run a marathon

Well, that's it. The fundraising is alllll over. Saturday night was the Poker Tournament to raise the final amount I need to participate in the Honolulu Hawaii marathon with Team Diabetes.



It turned out to be a great night and I think everyone had a good time. I was very happy to see that the final two players were TWO WOMEN and it was a lady that took home the final prize!



Since April I have raised $6,470 for Canadians living with Diabetes. That's a little shy of my $8,000 goal, but who knows, it still could happen. It's been a ton of work, a lot of stress, but more than anything- an incredible experience. It's really been amazing to see what happens when you get involved in something much bigger than the everyday- bigger than just going to work, and coming home and going to work, and working out, and.. well, you get the point. I've really enjoyed getting involved with a charity and will this definitely not be something that is easily forgotten.



Now, with 7 weeks to go, all I have left to do is focus on training so that I can get to Hawaii and run this marathon!! It's getting colder here in Toronto and this fall has brought many-o-rainy days making training during the week a bit of a challenge, but.. I'm doing my best And I think I'm gonna be just fine. Long runs are up to about 29km's and with the exception of fighting off the boredom (no ipod or music to listen to) I'm handling them with ease.

I'm going to try and keep blogging regularly to keep you posted on my progress, these weeks are crutial now. So anyone that has any advice to offer.. I'm all ears.

So many thanks go out to all who have supported me so far. The donations and moral support really has been overwhelming and appreciated. My story isn't over yet.. so stayed tuned....

1 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have done awesome girl! I am so proud of you! You put your mind to something and you have worked really really hard to get here!! You are most certainly an inspiration!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home