Monday, January 08, 2007

Mid-Lazy season

I am officially enjoying the lazy season.

It's been just about a month since the marathon in Hawaii, and life has been pretty busy since then. I knew that I would be enjoying some time off after the race, but I didn't think I would be enjoying it so much! It's been about three weeks since I've participated in any sort of exerting phyically activity (partially due to the traveling- partially due to my commitment to laziness after such a demanding few months) and it's been great!

The best part of Lazy season??? Any type of exercise is 100% voluntary and pressure free. Yesterday, I decided that I felt like going for a run. Why? Just 'cause I felt like it. Not because my calendar said so, or because I had to meet a distance quota for the week... Just 'cause I felt like it.

What route was I running?- dunno
How far was I going? - dunno
Was I going to run tempo? or steady? or LSD?- dunno... and don't care.

I just grabbed my iPod and headed out the door.

It was my first run in weeks and it was SO MUCH FUN! The tunes were blasting and I felt so good. I ended up doing 8k or so.. but who's really counting? I just ran until I felt like turning around and coming home. Taking the break was well deserved and did wonders for my body. Running is fun again!!!! (Not that it ever really wasn't.. it's just pressure free again).

I can't wait to go again. Maybe tonight.. maybe not.. whatever.

S.

PS- I can't stop thinking about Triathlon season. It's been on my brain for months. Bike show in February were I'm picking up my new race bike... after that- so long Lazy season- hello Tri-program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home