Thursday, January 18, 2007

O Sweet Exercise.. How I have missed you

It's official- Lazy season is OVER!!!!!!

I knew it would happen, eventually I would get sick of being lazy- ie; not working out, no running, no swimming no.. nothing- and yesterday it happened! I woke up with that undeniable craving for sweat and exercise. FINALLY!! I can't wait to get back into a regular exercise routine. I packed my gym bag and last night after work headed to QUAD Spinning downtown (my friendly neighbourhood spining club).



For those of you still unaware of what 'spinning' is.. you missing out!!!!! Spinning is basically a workout done on high-tec sationary bikes. It's an incredibly challenging work out origininated (I think) by competitive cyclist as a means of training throughout both the winters and bad weather. These workouts are miticulously timed to high energy music and are designed to simulate outdoor bike courses including hill climbs (increase tension on the bike), down hills (decrease tenstion and increase the speed at which you pedal) and other crazy calorie burning, muscle building, heart racing programs. In a one hour spin class, you can expect to burn up to 900 calories and sweat out litres of toxins. ahhh... music to my ears.

I can't wait to get back into a regular program. One that will combine spinning, swimming and weights. I'm looking out for a good Tri-Program to get started on soon, so if anyone knows where I can find one- LEMME KNOW!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home